Name: Begoña Guirao Abad
Brief description of the project
This project will be developed by students of “Road Safety” in Engineering higher education, working in a case study that will require the cooperation with road accident victims though Road Victims Associations. The case study will evaluate the national road safety system (road infrastructure, road safety legislation, hospital and medical attention to victims and victim adaptation to their previous life). The objective of the project is double. First, transmit to the victims´ associations that future decision makers will understand road safety importance and will fight for the rights of the victims and for improving their quality of life. Secondly, achieve that future professionals incorporate road safety and victim reduction in their priorities and projects, encouraging research and studies on issues of mobility and road safety. In this way, this experience will raise awareness among the students on the importance of respecting other road users and complying with mobility standards, defending the right to life and physical integrity.
Sustainable Development Goals
- SDG 3. Health and well-being
- SDG 4. Quality education
- SDG 11. Sustainable Cities and Communities
Master’s degree students (Master of Civil Engineering).
Activities to be carried out by students
- Visit the Road Victim Association assigned, elaborating a report of activities, organization and DAFO analysis.
- Design of the format and questions of the victim interview.
- Meeting with the victims and interview development.
- Elaboration of the final report and oral presentation of results.