Name: Rafael Córdoba Hernánez
Brief description of the project
The project addresses the relationship between the city and the territory, through analysis and proposals on the urban scale. In this context, students are invited to analyze and reflect on the problems and challenges that many rural centers of our country currently face from an environmental point of view. Therefore, the practical workshop of the subject is held in small size municipalities.
In this sense, the experience is based on the importance of collaboration and cooperation between the University and the local administration, through the participation and transfer of human and technical resources. The presented project increases the potential in the identification, analysis, diagnosis and use of endogenous resources, with a view to the local development of the municipalities and the training of students.
Its purpose is to provide the working municipality with a new vision of what its public space can be like, putting in value the bioclimatic and health aspects that may benefit them in the future, exposing which are the problems detected and how they would affect their neighbors. In the same way, it is sought that the students will be able to transmit viable solutions to the problems detected by the neighbors with a technical view.
Sustainable Development Goals
- SDG 3: Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.
- SDG 4: Quality education.
- SDG 6. Ensure access to water and sanitation for all.
- SDG 8. Promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth, employment, and decent work for all.
- SDG 9. Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization, and foster innovation.
- SDG 11. Make cities inclusive, safe, resilient, and sustainable.
- SDG 13. Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
- SDG 15. Sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, halt and reverse land degradation, halt biodiversity loss
It will affect all students, teachers and everyone involved in the chosen municipality.
Activities to be carried out by students
- An approximation of the population and its territory is carried out in the classrooms from the scale 1 / 25,000 to the scale 1/500, giving theoretical lessons and carrying out different sectoral analysis exercises.
- The educational project is developed both in the classroom and in the municipality itself, making different visits in groups, at the beginning and during the course, with explanations about the characteristics, needs and problems detected by the local administration, teachers, and neighbors.
- On the theoretical content exposed in class, the students, in different groups, carry out an environmental evaluation of the urban environment, to propose microclimatic environmental improvements, mainly on the public spaces of the municipality.
- According to the needs of the areas of intervention, the students make their proposals and work on the dissemination and communication of the results.
- Selection of the best works carried out during the course for exhibition.
- Inauguration of the exhibition / closing of the course in the municipality with the City Council, students and residents involved.