Name: Consuelo Fernández Jiménez
Tel: +34 910675899
Brief description of the project
It is a social project aimed at providing online school support to improve children and adolescents performance, who, for several reasons, are struggling to keep up and understand their school material.
In order to offer a customised assistance, it will be a one-to-one format. Participants, both tutors and children will be aligned according to their respective profiles.
Each tutor will help their pupil with the homework provided by the educational centre. When the tutor deems it necessary, he/she may carry out support and remedial exercises, which will be available for the tutor on the learning platform.
To facilitate the work and understanding of the pupils’ background, basic training will be provided to the tutors with an estimated duration of 3 hours. In addition, tutors will have the support of the centre volunteering coordinator and teachers involved in the project. Quarterly group sessions will be held with all the participants, volunteers and coordinators, in order to share their experiences and learning gained from the project.
Sustainable Development Goals
- SDG 4: Target 4.3, 4.4 and 4.7
- SDG 10: Targets 10.2 and 10.3
- SDG 17: Target 17.7
Students with knowledge related to some of the subjects of this project: Physics, Chemistry, Maths, English, and Spanish. In addition, this kind of activity requires a series of qualities such as: understanding the background, commitment, patience, etc.
Activities to be carried out by students
At all times, students should have an active participation in the project development, since they are the direct mentors and instructors of the children and adolescents participating in the programme. Therefore, the students’ activities are the following:
- Participate in previous training workshops regarding the context in which the activity will take place.
- Act as instructors and mentors of the children and adolescents taking part in the programme. Teaching online classes for school support.
- Attend and participate in individual and group follow-up sessions on the course development.
- Cooperate in the collection of the required information for the programme follow-up and evaluation.
- Support for dissemination activities. Participate in events to share their experiences and results.