Universitatea POLITEHNICA din București
Universitatea POLITEHNICA din București is the oldest and most prestigious engineer school in Romania. Its traditions are related to the establishment, in 1818, by Gheorghe Lazăr, of the first higher technical school with teaching in Romanian, at the Saint Sava Abbey in Bucharest. In 1832, it was reorganized into the St. Sava College. Politehnica University is classified by the Ministry of Educaiton as an advanced research and education university.
The University is also a member of the European Association for International Education (EAIE), European University Association (EUA), EUA Council for Doctoral Education, CESAER (council of universities of science and technology in Europe), and the Romanian Alliance of Technical Universities (ARUT).