The International Seminar on Urban Mobility was celebrated in Madrid 6, 7 and 8 of October in the Escuela de Ingenieros de Caminos, Canales y Puertos (Bulding Retiro). The seminar consisted of a theorical and a practical part.
There were lectures given by speakers coming from different universities that collaborate in the protocommunity EElisa on-the-MOVE, such as Lya Lugon from ENPC (Paris), Hande Demirel from ITU (Istambul), and Ali Jamal from BME (Budapest). Speakers coming from the UPM and stakeholders like Transyt, TEMA Ingeniería and Instituto Carlos III also took part.
In addition to this, there was a Technical visit to Madrid LEZ (Central District), a walking tour through the Madrid air quality monitoring network and pedestrian areas, such as Sol square.
As well as this, the participants from BME, ITU, FAU and UPM worked in 3 groups focusing on different areas in Madrid LEZ (Central District): Ronda de Atocha, Calle Atocha and Paseo del Prado. First, they analyzed the different strategic points, combining field work, official data and cartography, resulting in a SWOT analysis that they later used to propose multidisciplinary solutions to improve the case study areas.
The 3 teams made a final presentation of their proposed solution. The winner group was the Paseo del Prado (Group 2), due to the real proposal of giving more space pedestrians and making more information available to citizens by means of an integrated information hub.
Ana Belén Torrejón
Andrés Monzón (Coordinator EELISA on the move)
Maía Eugenia López
Miguel L. Navarro
Secretariat and Coordination
Mari Luz Gleeson
This seminar will be replicated on Febrary in Istambul and on April in Budapest, looking forward to working together anew for resolve the challenges of our cities.
International Seminar Presentations
- 01Introduction Seminar LEZ
- 02Madrid 360 Environmental Sustainability Strategy. Low Emission Zone (LEZ) Central District
- 03Paris_Lya Lugon_European experiences
- 04_Istambul_Hande Demirel_European experiences
- 05_Budapest_Ali J.Mahdi_European experiences Mobility Plan 2030
- 06_Air pollution in urban areas_Rafael Borge
- 07_Health impacts of air pollution_Beatriz Nuñez
- 08_Sustaible mobility solutions_María Eugenia Lopez
- 09_Criteria for implementing LEZs_Teresa Lopez
- 10_Pedestrianizacion and walkability in cities Francisco Lamíquiz
- 11_Technological solutions_Gabriel Huecas Joaquín Salvachúa
International Seminar Madrid LEZ Teamwork
- Group 1_Ronda de Atocha_SOLUTIONS
- Group 1_Ronda de Atocha_SWOT
- Group 2_Paseo del Prado_SOLUTIONS
- Group 2_Paseo del Prado_SWOT
- Group 3_Calle Atocha_SOLUTIONS
- Group 3_Calle Atocha_SWOT