Protections 2018: 3rd International Conference on Protection against Overtopping
HR Wallingford is organising Protections 2018, the 3rd International Conference on Protection against Overtopping, taking place from 6-8 June in the cultural Grange-over-Sands in the UK’s Lake District. This conference follows the very successful Protections 2016 event, the 2nd International Seminar on Dam Protection against Overtopping which took place in September, 2016 in Fort Collins, Colorado, USA. The inaugural event in this conference series was held during November 2014 in Madrid, Spain, and attended by participants from 20 countries. This conference will focus on:
- Critical issues related to levees, dams and seawalls.
- New developments and advanced tools.
- Overtopping protection systems.
- Overtopping simulators/test facilities.
- Overtopping failure mechanisms.
- System design and performance.
- Applications and innovative solutions.
- Case histories of overtopping events.
- Physical modelling techniques and recent studies.
- Numerical modelling methods.
Abstracts must be submitted via the website and are due on 13 September 2017. The abstract template can be downloaded here. Full draft manuscripts are due by 14 March 2018. For more information on this conference, check the official web page of the seminar here.