- BIOME MAKERS is a global AgTech on a mission to restore soil health! We are a fun, multicultural and energetic team, composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. We preserve the startup mindset of innovation and continue to bring solutions to tackle global challenges.
- Founded in California’s Silicon Valley in 2015, Biome Makers is setting the standard in soil health with BeCrop® technology. We integrate soil microbiology into agricultural decision-making to optimize farming practices and reverse the degradation of arable soils. With labs across the globe, customers on 4 continents, and 1M+ acres of land impacted, Biome Makers has revitalized soil functionality and agricultural sustainability worldwide.
- We are looking for a dynamic, passionate and motivated Business Development Manager to join the EU Sales team. This role reports to the EU Head of Sales.
- Location: Europe (remote job)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Own and drive the professional business communications and on-going cross-functional interaction with clients in Spain and Europe, taking ownership of the clientexperience and meeting client expectations.
- Be viewed as a trusted advisor by senior decision makers at a variety of client facinglevels.
- Maintain a base of existing accounts, carry out regular account reviews and build a long-term plan for retention and growth.
- Anticipate, understand and respond to the competitive challenges and marketplaceissues impacting the client’s business
- Identify, pursue and close new business within existing accounts via product, market,and portfolio expansion
- New business development: identifying new potential customers, negotiating, andclosing new deals
- Create and deliver sales / product presentations and proposals
- Play key role in deepening our relationships with partners & clients alike
- Help your team(s) to build and manage an active sales pipeline to ensure that revenuetargets will be met
- Own and understand the complete sales funnel from lead acquisition to close
- Work as a liaison between the sales team, customers and other departments at BMK.
JOB COMPETENCIES & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- 3+ years minimum of direct sales experience
- 3+ years Experienced in the AgTech sector
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Other European languages (Italian, French or German are a big plus)
- Strong communication skills. Skilled at communicating complex technologies
- Strong proactivity and problem-solving capabilities
- High energy, enthusiasm, and passion for the business
- Excellent planning and time management skills
BEST PERKS IN THE INDUSTRY
- Competitive Salary
- Remote Work Environment
- Flexible Scheduling Hours
- Generous vacation policy
- Competitive & Quick Growth Path
- Professional Development & Education Opportunities
- Mindfulness & Wellness Resources
- Cross-department Support
- Company Sponsored Events & Retreats
- “Working with nature, at the intersection of new age technology and age-old wisdom, is where we will find resilience in agriculture.” – Meri Lillia Mullins, team member at Biome Makers
- Our team specializes in soil science, agriculture, business, genetics, biotechnology, computer science, and much more. And we are located all over the world! We are a team with different nationalities: Spain, USA, Canada, France, Argentina, and many other countries. We are a team, focused on a final goal: To promote sustainable agriculture worldwide!
- Afterall, soil is alive. It harbors an abundance of life forms that breathe, grow, work together, respond to their environment and perform functions on a community level. Like soil, at Biome Makers, we grow, work together, and perform many functions to support each other and the mission towards soil recovery.
- As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Biome Makers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- We´d love to hear from you!