The RSTI research group is part of the Department of Telematics Systems Engineering (DIT) in the School of Telecommunication Engineering (ETSIT) of Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM). He is also a member of the Information Processing and Telecommunication Research Center (IPTC).
The group is currently formed by 12 full-time people, including professors, researchers, and administration staff. It has a long experience of participation in European and Spanish R&D projects, collaborations with public bodies and private entities, as well as in the organization and teaching of postgraduate courses.
The research lines of the RSTI group have been evolving since its creation more than 30 years ago. Currently, the activity carried out in the framework of R&D projects is centered around two main areas :
- Internet of Things: Sensor networks. Rapid prototyping with Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc. IoT communications (WiFi, ZigBee, BLE, NFC, LTE, M2M, …). Protocols (MQTT, CoAP). Application to Smart Cities, Retail, Mobility & Transport, Public Safety, …,Data Analytics and Visualization. Remote configuration and management. Web based dashboards.
- Advanced Wireless Communications Technologies (5G/6G). Core Network deployments. Evaluation of Network Elements performance. Data and Signalling Traffic Generator. Programable Data Planes, DPDK, P4, Protocol Independent Switching Architecture (PISA). Multi-access Edge Computing (MEC).
- Cybersecurity: Dynamic risk management. Cybersecurity Awareness. Application of Artificial Intelligence to Cybersecurity (Machine Learning and Ontologies-based Expert Systems)- Detection and response to intrusions. Simulation and training. Visualization and tracing of cyberattacks. Protection of critical infrastructures.
The specific areas of expertise of the RSTI group include:
- Development of applications and services for the Internet: web (HTML5) and mobile (Android, iOS) applications. Responsive design. MVC Models for servers or clients. Reactive functional models, …
- Virtualization and services in the cloud: Virtual machines, light containers. Cloud architectures. Orchestration and choreography of services. Openstack. NFV and SDN. Identity management and access to data repositories.
- Architectures and services for Big Data. Storage technologies (HDFS, noSQL, …). Massive data processing (HADOOP, Spark, Scala, …). Data Analytics (data mining, clustering, machine learning …). Visual Analytics (D3.js, R, …)
- Network management. Integrated management of heterogeneous environments. Semantic based techniques. Integration of information and behavior. Instrumentation functions in distributed applications.
- Multimedia IP: VoIP, SIP, WebRTC. MPEG-DASH. IP Multimedia Subsystem.
- Mobile Communications. GSM/UMTS/LTE. 5G,
- Communication Networks and Services: Internet. Mobile Networks. Traffic engineering. Simulation. Quality of Service.
For further information, please send us an e-mail to email@example.com, or though our contact form