- Start Date: January 2024
- Employment type: Full-time
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Salary Range: from 23,000€ to 25,000€ annually. The precise salary will be determined based on experience.
- Libre Foods is a biotech startup on a mission to liberate the food system and create a more free future for people, our planet, and animals through the food we eat. Our planet cannot sustain our current food system, so we believe producing exceptional alternative protein products that people can enjoy is the single most effective way to remove the current strain on our environment and ensure food security for our growing population. Changing the world has never been tastier!
- We are looking for a Junior NPD Scientist with the opportunity to work in our New Product Development team alongside our Lead Food Technologist and Product Manager. You will be part of a key team and will work on high-priority tasks across the company, critical to the company’s overall success.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate in developing irresistible whole-cut fungi-based products.
- Led by our Lead Food Technologist, work on the optimization of the current products portfolio including reformulation, sales format revision, costs reduction and shelf life improvement.
- Contribute to the product development process generating new, creative ideas using fungi-based ingredients to develop meat-like taste and product qualities.
- Assist to current Productions, monitoring processes and streamlining production.
- Attend product Pilot Trials when required in order to test changes according to product development improvements.
- Support the NPD team on critical R&D initiatives from daily operations to strategic decisions.
- Implementing practical, hands-on samples on a daily basis.
- Innovating and troubleshooting on a daily basis.
- Maintaining a safe, clean and organized NPD Lab environment.
- Collaborate in controlling raw materials stock and ingredients weighting when needed.
- Graduated in a Degree/Master’s Degree in Food Technology, Food Science, Food Innovation, Gastronomic Science or related field.
- 1-2 years previous experience in food product development.
- Previous experience in food industry processes.
- Experience in the alt protein environment, fungi-based experience will be a plus.
- Experience in product scale-up, food’s quality and safety or food production lines will be a plus.
- Advanced level in Spanish (both written and verbal skills).
- You have a really good English level, as it is our company official language.
- Passion for developing amazing vegan food.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment, maintaining organizational initiatives.
- Creative, open-minded personality with a solution-oriented working style.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Digital and organizational skills.
- You’re a can-do person who takes on tasks proactively and sees things through to completion.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders at the same time.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision and efficiently manage tasks and time.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A high-impact, ambitious startup environment with learning and growth opportunities
- An opportunity to work with ground-breaking technology creating the future of food
- Daily free vegan office lunch
- Most importantly, an incredibly fun and rewarding opportunity to create meaningful change alongside a like-minded, mission-driven team.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and celebrate all backgrounds of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
- Application Instructions: Send your following application through this Form