The BIPREE research group was officially set up at the Polytechnic University of Madrid with the aim of tackling in a scientific way unresolved problems related to engineering projects in rural areas and in the environmental field. In particular, problems are addressed in buildings and infrastructures.
The main topics of research are the following:
- Agricultural Silos
- Numerical Methods in Rural and Environmental Engineering
- Statistical methods in Rural and Environmental Engineering
- Landscape engineering and green spaces
- Rural Building
- Particulate solids handling
- Applications of Geographical Information Systems in Rural and Environmental Engineering
- Rural roads
- Surface hydrology and small reservoirs
Regular relations are maintained with other related research groups of the Polytechnic University of Madrid, with groups from other Spanish Universities and also with international teams. With all of them we collaborate in projects, publications, courses, etc …
The EIPIRMA group attends the official calls for funding research, at regional, national and international levels, and also signs contracts with companies and public organisims to carry out developments of their interest.
On this page you can find a summary of what we do and what we can do.
Access to Spanish version here