Are you interested in construction with cross-laminated timber and construction with half-height timber? The CLT cross-laminated timber course, promoted by the Construction with Wood Research Group of the Polytechnic University of Madrid and the Gómez-Pintado Foundation, will start soon. There are still places available.
Nationally and internationally renowned specialists in the field of timber construction, from different universities, technology centres, construction companies, engineering and architectural firms will share their experience and knowledge in the fundamental aspects related to CLT construction.
- ETSI Montes, Forestal y del Medio Natural, UPM.
Dates and schedule
- From Februeaty 17th to March 18th 2022
- T and F from 15:30 to 20:45
- T February 17th 10:00-14:00
- H March 4th 9:00-14:00
Duration and modality
- 60 net teaching hours. Equivalent to 6 ECTS. Includes theoretical and practical classes, and site visits.
- The monographic course is taught in face-to-face mode (COVID protocol required).
- Requirements: knowledge of timber structures is required.
- The material, physical and mechanical properties.
- Logistics, manufacturing, transport.
- Structural testing and calculation tools.
- Construction details.
- Execution and site experience.
- Examples of projects and works.
- Construction physics.
- High-rise building with CLT.
- Timber structures against earthquakes.
- Visits to construction sites and companies.
You can download the full dossier with all the details here