Master in Photonics Engineering
3 Departments in 3 Universities:
To prepare professionals with a high level of expertise in cutting-edge photonics technologies…
Graduates receive a diploma accredited by 3 universities
The Master of Science in Photonic Engineering (MIPHOT), organized by the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (coordinator), Universidad Politécnica de Madrid y Universidad de Alcalá, is characterized by:
- Itineraries in photonic systems and in photonic devices that can be combined.
- Training entirely in English aimed at the construction of solutions to specific industrial problems.
- Students will receive face-to-face classes at the three locations.
- Participation of companies from different sectors, which provide real cases for training and for the Master Thesis.
For more information, pre-registration and registration, visit:: www.uc3m.es/miphot
Ignacio Esquivias Moscardó. (+34) 91.0672448 ignacio.esquivias_at_upm.es
- Electrooptics and Optical Fiber Labs
- Photonics, High Frequency and Optoelectronics Instrumentation
- Assistive Technologies Lab
- Distributed optical fibre sensors
- Advanced optical sensor development and characterization Lab
- Optical communication Lab
- Clean room for fabrication of organic photonic devices
- Photonics systems in future communications, optoelectronics instrumentation and laser technology.
- Innovation in photonics applied to optical communications, sensing and assistive technologies.
- Sensing in civil applications (smart grids, oil distribution networks).
- Novel application fields of photonics system like biophotonics, fast photonics and integrated photonics.
Degrees (4 yrs) or eq. Former degrees:
In Telecommunications Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Physics and other science bachelor degrees (depending on the curricula)
* International students:
Electrical Engineer, Electronic or Communications Engineer Bachelor degree or Physics (depending on curricula), Bachelor in related topics depending on curricula (Biomedical, Aeronautical…)